I firmly believe weekends should be 3 days on the regular. Productivity would be higher (or so I tell myself), office moral would be higher (would make sense if you were working less?), and, most importantly, I’d have more free time to use doing everything or nothing. This weekend was a bit of both…
1. Date night. Which was supposed to be a fantastic dinner out with great food and cocktails and dessert. This was just as good (even better when you consider we got to watch Law and Order: SVU at the same time).
2. Shopping. Even though I knew I shouldn’t. Perfect Saturday pick-me-up.
3. Pancake Sunday. Enough said.
4. Jordan’s new puppy- Kaia. #puppysnatchertendancies
5. Trying new recipes in an attempt to impress Chef Rachel and really just impressing myself instead.
Hope your weekend was wonderful, too. Just another few days until we’re SLO bound for a self-imposed 3 day weekend. Do what you gotta do, right?
It’s taken a while for California to catch up, but it FINALLY feels like fall- which really only means it’s now a tad too cold to wear tank tops and cut-offs. In any case- I’ll take it. The past 5 years I spent fall in SLO and I miss the wine tasting, apple picking and crisp weather dearly. Until we can make it back up that way to enjoy the season, I’ll soak up the best of fall in LA…
1. Layers. I can camouflage those extra lbs for at least 3 more months. (since I really am going to lose that 10 now…). Oh, and boots, boots and more boots! Sole Society’s are the best!
2. Soup. Especially when Adam makes it and I don’t have to do anything.
3. Snuggling with a good book, a board game ( shameless Scrabble player), a cup of comfort and joy tea, a glass bottle of wine, etc.
4. Baking- the only time of the year when it is 100% acceptable to bake every single day. Heaven on earth? I think so.